Worcester Railroad Injury Lawyer
Dan Cronin has long been involved in cases protecting railroad workers who are injured and then retaliated against by their employers. Railroad workers and passengers are often exposed to unsafe working conditions. Passengers are often injured in a fall or train accident and outside contractors are injured on railroad property or equipment, for which the railroad is responsible.
Many people do not realize that railroads are still a vital part of our economy. Not only do they crisscross the country and intersect many roadways, but they employ a large number of people. Railroad expansion and traffic has increased dramatically in Worcester and Worcester County, and so too will railroad personal injury claims. If you work for a railway or are injured in a railroad accident as a passenger or in any other manner, you have state and federal remedies that you can assert to recover compensation.
At Cronin Law Firm, located in Worcester, Massachusetts,Â Dan Cronin has been practicing railroad law for over 30 years. During the course of his career, Attorney Cronin has successfully brought claims in federal court against AMTRAK (National Railroad Passenger Corporation) and the Massachusetts Bay Transportation Association (MBTA).
If you are an employee who is hurt during the course of your job working for a railroad, you may be entitled to recover compensation under a:
- Workers’ compensation claim
- Federal Employers Liability Act (FELA) claim
- Federal Rail Safety Act (FRSA) claim
- Occupational Safety and Health Act (OSHA)
- Federal Rail Administration (FRA)
- Switching Operations Fatality Analysis (SOFA)
If there are Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) violations, you may have a right of action against your employer for failing to provide a safe work environment. Railway worker injury claims require in-depth knowledge of these statutes and regulations.
Attorney Cronin has handled railroad accident and railroad injury cases, and will pursue cases against railroads such as:
- AMTRAK (National Rail Passenger Corp. or NRPC)
- CSX Railroad (CSX Rail)
- Norfolk Southern Railroad (NFSR or NSRR)
- Metro-North Commuter railroad (Metro-North Railroad or MN RR)
- Massachusetts Bay Commuter Railroad (MBCR)
- Massachusetts Bay Transportation Authority (MBTA)
- New Jersey Transit (NJ Transit Rail)
- Long Island Railroad (LIRR)
- Port Authority Trans-Hudson (PATH or PATH Rail)
- Providence and Worcester Railroad (PW Railroad)
- Pan Am Railways
- Short line railroads
If you are a rail worker or a passenger on a commuter rail, involved in a car accident that collides with a train or are otherwise injured due to railroad negligence, we can help you pursue a personal injury action. We also handle wrongful death lawsuits stemming from railroad incidents.
Contact our firm today to schedule a free consultation to discuss your situation and options.
If you are injured, you may have an option to make a claim under workers’ compensation or another law, and you should file under the one that provides you the greatest benefit. Contact our firm to discuss your options.